- 2T roasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into ribbons (Trader Joe’s has these precut for you in the salad section)
- 1 large purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1T fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cups of red cabbage, sliced
- 3T of Hoisin sauce
- 4T of sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- Heat 1T of oil over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the chicken until the strips are cooked.
- If necessary, add more oil and stir-fry the potatoes, onion, turnip and carrot until tender crisp. Add ginger and garlic. Cook for two minutes more.
- Add red cabbage and stir-fry until soft, adding more oil if it’s needed.
- Add hoisin sauce and reduce heat. Toss to coat.
- Divide the mixture among four heated serving bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Makes 8 servings.
Calories 212, Prot 18g, Fat 8g, Sat Fat 1g, Chol 50mg, Carbs 18g, Fiber 4g, Sugar 7g, Sodium 177mg